Friday, January 4, 2008

Hillary's best move: Dump Bill

Okay, this isn't PC, but I'll say it. If Hillary wants me to believe she's a woman who can run the country, she needs to dump Bill.

And not just because the White House makes women hot, and I worry about what he'll do there with even more time on his hands.

Hillary Clinton wants to be the first woman president from a generation that taught us females could be fierce, independent equals capable of leading a company, a state or a nation. Yet she let herself be cheated on and publicly humiliated just to hold onto her man.

She's been just as a much a doormat when it comes to giving GW permission to invade Iraq, and then Iran. She seems to be simply blind to what men do -- be it with interns and cigars or troops and waterboards.

I mean, if Bill and Hill weren't rich and running for office, they could be the average couple on Jerry Springer. Bill would be the guy who fails the lie detector test and the paternity tests and still insists he didn't sleep with either of those women. And Hill would be the sadsack who says "Aww, maybe not. And I know he still loves me down deep."

Now, I know her excuse is that she had to stay for the kid. Maybe that was true in Arkansas, but by the White House years, Chelsea wasn't going to have to grow up without a father. She was pretty much what she was going to be -- a smart, independent woman who I'll bet wouldn't put up with such crap from any man.

But Hillary, despite her education and experience, is still at heart the marginally attractive girl in coke-bottle glasses who'll do about anything to get a man and take just about anything to keep him. Pretty much like a Monica or a Paula with a law degree.

What's going to happen when a Republican politician like former footballer Steve Largent meets her, say, in the Senate and says "Hon, I can't buy this health care thing, but I would like to buy your purty self a steak." Will she play hardball, or bend over backwards to keep his attention?

And as we've all seen Russian hunk and modern czar Vlad Putin without his shirt, I have to wonder if Hillary won't be too forgiving if he says he "cheated, but only a little" on some arms treaty. "I did not sell nukes with that country, Iran."

I mean, there are women in politics who could stand up to any man. Nancy Pelosi could emasculate the whole field of Republican presidential contenders in one fell swoop. Anne Coulter is colder than Putin's best vodka.

Sorry, but the first woman president should not be a doormat.

No comments: