Sunday, August 3, 2008

What McCain really believes

I've been traveling a lot and haven't posted, but I have been watching the presidential race closely. Or at least, half of it.

See, whatever I turn on -- including Fox News and right-wing talk radio -- I hear a great deal of what Obama says and believes, and who and what he might be.

I hear very little praise of McCain, even in the most Republican of places.

And McCain's most recent ad focuses on how so many people show up for Obama, why that is, and whether Obama is qualified. But there's nothing about why McCain is.

Of course, given the number of times he's changed positions, it's probably hard for McCain to take a stand for anything.

But if he wants to be president, it seems to me he should tell us something about himself besides the fact he approves of this or that attack ad.

No comments: