Monday, April 21, 2008

Obama says what she said

Once again, I see that the vaunted Washington press corps is cutting through the nonsense. Not.

The headlines this morning lead with Obama saying something in passing not terribly positive about McCain: "Either Democrat would be better than John McCain...And all three of us would be better than George Bush.''

Hillary Clinton, of course, fired back that no Democrat worth his salt would say something positive about the foe.

She forgets, I suppose, that she's said this: "I think it's imperative that each of us be able to demonstrate we can cross the commander-in-chief threshold. I believe that I've done that. Certainly, Sen. McCain has done that and you'll have to ask Sen. Obama with respect to his candidacy."

So she not only complimented McCain but suggested he'd be better than Obama.

So I assume the nation's press corps called her on this, well, contradiction, right? Nope. Not MSNBC. Not the New York Times. Not CNN.

No comments: