Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Slush Funds Go Here ...

Senator "Keating Five" McCain says he'll release his tax returns, but his wife's will remain private. Good plan! That way, the bribes - uh, sorry, consultant fees from lobbyists - will go into his wife's checking account, and there will be none of that annoying "disclosure" to the public.

Seriously. For a guy who wants to represent me, how come him and the missus don't file a joint return? Just 'cause she's got way more money? I mean, if SHE don't trust him with the joint checking account, why the HELL should I vote for him for President?

Just asking, ya' know?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To be a judge or commissioner in California, both the judge and his or her spouse's finances are scrutinized. I know this because my brother, the commissioner, and his wife go through this once a year.

Since there are occupations that require a spouse's financial disclosure, shouldn't presidential candidate be one of them?