Monday, November 10, 2008

Going, Going ...

Reading my colleague's post below, I am moved to ask the question:

What is this "Ford" thing I hear about occasionally?

Seriously, walking the dogs last night, I counted 20 vehicles parked on my street. One was a Saturn, one a Mercury Topaz (with a Power Forward Toyota license plate frame, so it had been traded in for a Toyota), and two were American pickups at least 20 years old.

So 80 percent of the cars were non-American.

Blaming the American auto industry's problems on union members and labor costs doesn't address the biggest problem any manufacturer can have - no one wants to buy the shit they're producing.

1 comment:

Ron Ray said...

hey, I drive a ford, dude. giving the explorer a split read differential (or whatever the hell you call using seperate rear things to hold the read wheels) created a ton on space in the back other suvs don't have. brilliant.

of course, the explorer was the last good thing ford did, and that was years ago.